Tuesday, October 8, 2013

It has been a while...

I created this site, for a class, about 2 years ago. I never really thought that I was gonna use this site ever again after that class... but today, for some reason after having a million things in my head (ok, I'm exaggerating.. only a couple) I thought: maybe this is a good way of letting it all out and perhaps with these words things can become a little bit clearer. Perhaps this can serve as medium to connect with someone who is experiencing something similar, or just feels on the same boat as I am now. Or perhaps my sister can read it regularly and keep up with me... whatever reason, I'm just writing, just because, just to let it all out.

 I'm from Colombia and moved to the US to go to school. While in the US, I learned to appreciate the little things that didn't see before, didn't hear before, didn't notice before. I learned to appreciate family, those meals that only grandma makes that until this day I can't make. I learned that my mom has so many things to teach me, to show me, to tell me to make my life less complicated and more filling. I learned that were I come from is so unique and authentic... nowhere you can find a little town in the middle of the mountains. Be surrounded by green, huge trees, all kinds of flowers, species, colors, flavors. I really learned to appreciate a meal made with love, with real flavors, with real stuff, free of chemicals and weird additives that you can't even pronounce. I started to notice that I'm not living solo neither I'm an individual... I'm not a different or separate specie.

I can't speak for others but what I noticed is that what I do, what I choose, what I eat, has an effect, an impact not only on me but on others. And is because of all these that I started a search, for a healthier, better, happier, improved life style. I plan to change what I'm used to eat, I plan to use my abilities and skills as a journalist to let others know what's up in my hometown, so others can notice too (as I did) and then they can make their choice.

Will see and will keep you posted...

No comments:

Post a Comment